Saturday, December 03, 2005

Return of the King....Kong that is

After his triumph with The Lord of Rings movie trilogy, New Zealand director Peter Jackson returns to theaters this month with his remake of the 1933 classic King Kong. It looks like Mr. Jackson is going to create more box office gold with his re-telling of the Kong story.

I've seen the previews and you can too by clicking here. You will be blown away. Well, I was anyway.

What I especially appreciate is the fact that Jackson filmed this as a period piece, set in the 1930's like the original. It's much more dramatic to see the great ape do battle with bi-planes than with modern jets, as was done in the forgettable 1977 King Kong re-make.

Looks like it's going to be a fun 3 hour ride down at the cineplex this holiday season.

Can't Jackson make a movie shorter than 3 hours? - Editor

Probably, but do you really care?

I guess not, I just hope my bladder can take it. - Editor

Me too. See you at the movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home