Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Parade coverage

I watched some of the Tournament of Roses Parade yesterday. I enjoy seeing the beautiful floats, the marching bands from all over the nation and the world, and I enjoy the horse teams and their ornate saddles and rigs.

What I don't enjoy is inappropriate comments from the announcers.

I was tuned into HGTV watching the parade when host Rob Weller made a bone-headed comment. It rained during the parade and he was telling the audience how the rain had been light until just a few hours before the parade started. At about two hours before the parade started, it was "Wham. Bam. Thank you, ma'am." and the rain really started coming down much harder, per Mr. Weller.

Now I'm hardly a prude, but that phrase just seems out of place when covering something as wholesome as the Tournament of Roses Parade. So come on, Mr. Weller, let's not do that again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home